How can I purchase tailgating spaces?
- Tailgating space owners from the prior race have the privilege of renewing their space up until the renewal ticket deadline. Any space not purchased by the deadline will go on sale to the general public. All tailgating spaces are sold online via this website.
What is the renewal ticket deadline?
- The renewal period for the Fall 2017 race is August 1 - August 14, 2017.
What if I want to change tailgate locations from last year?
- You must renew your tailgating space by the renewal deadline and indicate in the special comments section on your order form or online where you wish to move. After everyone has had the opportunity to renew their space from the previous year, our office staff will try to accommodate your request. Requests are fulfilled by seniority, therefore the priority of your request directly corresponds to the number of years you been a tailgate space owner. It is imperative that you fully complete the shopping process to guarantee that your space has been purchased. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive an email confirmation.
If I don’t renew by the renewal deadline, can I still purchase tickets?
- Yes, but you do risk losing the previous year’s space. Guaranteed renewal of a space you had previously owned only occurs when you have purchased your tickets prior to the renewal ticket deadline.
Can I purchase tailgating spaces on race day?
- No tailgating spaces will be sold on race day. Only Patron Tickets will be sold on race day at a higher price.
What rules and regulations apply to the tailgating areas?
- No pets allowed
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Tickets are nonrefundable
- Children 12 and under are admitted free of charge
- Tent parties along the inside rail and Sponsor Row are private
What if I do not have a credit card?
- If you do not have a credit card, you can mail a check. If making payment by check you must still adhere to deadlines. Send payment to:
Steeplechase of Charleston
100 Grandview Place, Suite 110
Birmingham, AL 35243
For additional questions, please contact Whitney Day, email@example.com or 205-967-4681.