What time does the gate open?
The gate opens at 9:00 A.M.
What can I bring to the general admission area?
General admission guests are welcome to bring in picnic baskets, beverages, blankets, lawn chairs, and just about anything else you can comfortably carry. However, please remember that glass is not allowed, with the exception of wine and champagne bottles.
What is the rain policy?
The Steeplechase of Charleston will run rain or shine. There are no refunds for inclement weather.
What is the timeline for race day?
Visit our Activities & Schedule page for all the details.
- No possession or consumption of alcohol by minors, be prepared to show identification
- No kegs or drinking games. (ice luges, beer pong, etc.)
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- No pets allowed on grounds - $35 fine
- Children 12 and under are admitted free of charge, but must be under adult supervision at all times
College Student Discounts
- College Students will receive a 15% discount when purchasing tickets or tailgating with a ".edu" email address
- No one who appears intoxicated will be admitted to the grounds
- Responsible alcohol consumption is expected
- Be courteous of your neighbors
- In-vehicle sound systems must be kept at acceptable levels
- No inflatable devices such as climbing walls, slides, obstacle courses, etc.
- No fireworks, or pyrotechnics or firearms
Equipment or Signs
- No trailers
- No drones or flying objects
- You may NOT bring your own tents
- For media inquiries, please contact Angel Lewis email@example.com
Sale of Goods and Services
- The sale of food, drink, merchandise, or services is strictly prohibited except as authorized by the Steeplechase of Charleston and it's vendors
- Click here to access vendor information
- The Steeplechase of Charleston welcomes individuals or members of clubs, organizations and corporations as volunteers for pre-race and race day activities, contact Ashlyn Carmack, firstname.lastname@example.org for information